>> Thursday, September 10, 2009

I like the band Queen a lot. but i never really went through freddie mercury's (lead singer with the great voice) biography b4. Until recently and i found something (wikipedia):

In the early 1970s Mercury had a long-term relationship with Mary Austin, whom he had met through guitarist Brian May. By the mid-1970s, however, the singer had begun an affair with a male American record executive at Elektra Records, which ultimately resulted in the end of his relationship with Austin.[43] Mercury and Austin nevertheless remained close friends through the years, with Mercury often referring to her as his only true friend. In a 1985 interview, Mercury said of Austin, "All my lovers asked me why they couldn't replace Mary [Austin], but it's simply impossible. The only friend I've got is Mary and I don't want anybody else. To me, she was my common-law wife. To me, it was a marriage. We believe in each other, that's enough for me."[44] He also wrote several songs about Austin, the most notable of which is "Love of My Life". Mercury was also the godfather of Mary's eldest son, Richard.[36]

By 1979, Mercury began to frequently visit gay bathhouses and clubs where he met many short-term partners.[45] By 1985, he began another long-term relationship with a hairdresser named Jim Hutton. Hutton, who himself was tested HIV-positive in 1990,[46] lived with Mercury for the last six years of his life, nursed him during his illness and was present at his bedside when he died. Hutton also claims that Mercury died wearing a wedding band that Hutton had given him.[46]



anyway, tht song "love of my life" has and always will be my fav song jus tht i found a better meaning to it now. makes me wonder a lot abt him, if he's gay why he loves her so much and yet cant b with her. hmmm gays hav such complex minds. I really wonder what they r thinking.





0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP